Myself Nitin. A senior android engineer with experience in Kotlin, Java, MVVM, and Jetpack, I have a strong understanding of the latest development styles and techniques with a passion for fintech and commerce startups. I've had the privilege of working with some of the biggest names in the industry - both in Silicon Valley and India. As a team leader, I've helped grow and mentor a global engineering team, and I'm always on the lookout for opportunities to support and nurture the startup culture in India.
In the past, I have worked on my own startups, gaining valuable experience in all aspects of the startup process. I am a strong communicator and enjoy collaborating with others to find solutions to challenging problems. I am passionate about using my skills to create intuitive, user-friendly Android apps that provide a great user experience. In my free time, you can find me hitting the skatepark or exploring the depths of philosophy through my love of reading. Oh, and I also dabble in short film making - I'm always the narrator, of course.
- Familiarity with Jetpack libraries, such as WorkManager, Room, Navigation, and CameraX, and the ability to use them to address different needs in an app.
- Knowledge of Android architecture principles, such as separation of concerns, driving UI from data models, and defining a single source of truth.
- Experience with architecting and implementing app layers, such as UI, data, and domain layers.
- Proficiency in developing and testing Android apps, including writing clean, efficient code and using tools like JUnit and Espresso.
- Knowledge of common design patterns for Android development, such as MVP and MVVM, and the ability to choose the appropriate pattern for a given situation.
- Familiarity with common Android performance and optimization techniques, such as efficient use of resources and caching and the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as "touch"
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications